Thread: Memorial Cod Match Sunday Nov 19th

Default Memorial Cod Match Sunday Nov 19th

cod match poster photo.jpg

Cod match Sunday 19th November

MEMORIAL COD MATCH 2017

Proposed date 19th Nov. Fall back dates 3rd then the 17th Dec

Hello anglers,

I have been requested to assist with this Sundays 1st ever memorial Cod match/trophy. Which I have eagerly accepted.

Other club members have pledged their assistance and weather permitting let’s hope that match is the start of something special.

NOTE:

Please assume the match assistant/volunteers are busy when launching/retrieving but will be available to assist where possible.

MATCH INFO:

• All boats please monitor on channel 8
    • 10 per angler.
    • Winner takes 100% of the entry fees and the prestigious trophy at the AGM.
    • 3 tractors will be ready for self or assisted launch.
    • Registration is at 7.30am and closes promptly at 8.30am.
    • 7 hr match.
    • Start time is when your boat/tractor descends to the water’s edge.
    • Your boat must be at the water’s edge 7hrs after launch or sooner.
    • Octobers club meeting was decided that winning cod will not be entered towards the annual cod trophy/pool.

RETURNING TO THE WATERS EDGE:

Please text me when your boat is at or near the waters edge. This will notify me of your approach, prepare for assistance (if available) and confirm your finishing time. 07831 344992

WEIGH IN:

Please have your fish ready to weigh on your approach to the beaches stony incline. The fish will be quickly weighed on the beach, so you can then continue towards the slade. This will help with congestion at the top.

PRE-BOOK OR REGISTER ON THE DAY

Please submit your boat name via text 07831 344992, your WBAC Facebook page or the Wyre Boat website forum. This will help to us prepare.

If the weather is unfavourable the decision to postpone the match will be provided via text (only for those pre-booked by text) by the web and email at or before 8pm on Saturday (Night before) or on the day.

Your participation is warmly welcome. We are very much looking forward to seeing you on the day whether you fish the match or pleasure fish. Either-or we wish you the very best of cod fishing days.

Remember to:
    Order your bait
    Charge your batteries
    Check your life jackets.
    Sharpen your filleting knifes ��

Tight Lines

Default Memorial Cod Trophy result

Quote Originally Posted by Morgans Spice View Post
    MEMORIAL COD MATCH 2017

Proposed date 19th Nov. Fall back dates 3rd then the 17th Dec

Hello anglers,

I have been requested to assist with this Sundays 1st ever memorial Cod match/trophy. Which I have eagerly accepted.

Other club members have pledged their assistance and weather permitting let’s hope that match is the start of something special.

NOTE:

Please assume the match assistant/volunteers are busy when launching/retrieving but will be available to assist where possible.

MATCH INFO:

• All boats please monitor on channel 8
    • 10 per angler.
    • Winner takes 100% of the entry fees and the prestigious trophy at the AGM.
    • 3 tractors will be ready for self or assisted launch.
    • Registration is at 7.30am and closes promptly at 8.30am.
    • 7 hr match.
    • Start time is when your boat/tractor descends to the water’s edge.
    • Your boat must be at the water’s edge 7hrs after launch or sooner.
    • Octobers club meeting was decided that winning cod will not be entered towards the annual cod trophy/pool.

RETURNING TO THE WATERS EDGE:

Please text me when your boat is at or near the waters edge. This will notify me of your approach, prepare for assistance (if available) and confirm your finishing time. 07831 344992

WEIGH IN:

Please have your fish ready to weigh on your approach to the beaches stony incline. The fish will be quickly weighed on the beach, so you can then continue towards the slade. This will help with congestion at the top.

PRE-BOOK OR REGISTER ON THE DAY

Please submit your boat name via text 07831 344992, your WBAC Facebook page or the Wyre Boat website forum. This will help to us prepare.

If the weather is unfavourable the decision to postpone the match will be provided via text (only for those pre-booked by text) by the web and email at or before 8pm on Saturday (Night before) or on the day.

Your participation is warmly welcome. We are very much looking forward to seeing you on the day whether you fish the match or pleasure fish. Either-or we wish you the very best of cod fishing days.

Remember to:
    Order your bait
    Charge your batteries
    Check your life jackets.
    Sharpen your filleting knifes ��

Tight Lines
    THE MEMORIAL COD TROPHY.
    In Memory of the past members of Wyre Boat Angling Club.

The 1st ever Memorial Cod Trophy was a great day had by all.
    Thanks to all the members who helped throughout the day some being at the tractor store as early as 6.30am.
    The clubs match volunteers prepared the tractors for the 1st boat arrivals, provided a launch and retrieval service and cleaned down the tractors at the end of the day. Brilliant club.
    They were rewarded with bacon and egg butties for breakfast and cheese burgers smothered in cooked onions for lunch.
    Volunteers, fishermen and woman enjoyed the day and everything went without a hitch.
    Those who managed to avoid the dogfish were rewarded with a cod or two.
    Kevin Fletcher (didn’t enter the match) now leads the annual cod pool competition with a cod of 5.5lb
    The winner of the day went to Andy Whiteside with a cod of 5.7lb. Andy received 90 winnings and will receive the engraved Memorial Cod Trophy at the AGM.
    Well done to all and thanks again to the helpers who made the day a very special and memorable Memorial match day.

I propose a Cod pool match in January. Any members interested please tag yourself in this post or text me your boat name on 07831 344992.

I'm trying to put images on but resolution's are too high.

Thread Information